Mines Global Energy Future Initiative
A SCIENTIFIC, DATA-DRIVEN APPROACH TO INFORMING THE
GLOBAL ENERGY FUTURE
Join the Mines Global Energy Future Initiative and the Payne Institute for Public Policy as we bring together global energy thought leaders and world-class Colorado School of Mines faculty through workshops, seminars, research and outreach. Connecting Mines scientific, data-driven approach to energy with partners from academia, industry, government and civil society to inform and shape our Global Energy Future.oin the Mines Global Energy Future Initiative as we bring together global energy thought leaders and world-class Colorado School of Mines faculty through workshops, seminars, research and outreach. Connecting Mines scientific, data-driven approach to energy with partners from academia, industry government and civil society to inform and shape our Global Energy Future.
Oil and Gas
Designing an interdisciplinary and shared research agenda to understand the role of oil and gas in the energy future
Impacts of the future energy system on demand for minerals and the implications on markets, trade, geopolitics and technology
ADVANCED ENERGY SYSTEMS
Developing renewable, secure, resilient, and adaptive energy infrastructure that fosters economic growth while reducing environmental impact
CARBON CAPTURE UTILIZATION AND STORAGE
Multidisciplinary approach to scientific, engineering and policy research on net zero emissions technological innovations
Focusing on recycling of energy related materials and creating a cradle to cradle approach to energy systems, moving to a zero waste future
supply chain TRANSPARENCY
Understanding how the future energy system will impact the global supply chain and the associated effects on markets, communities and the environment
CLEAN WATER INNOVATIONS
Role of technology innovation in reimagining global water in the future energy system
Utilizing cutting edge monitoring technology and data to improve visibility and transparency related to global emissions, climate, economic activity and security
As Colorado School of Mines approaches our sesquicentennial, we are ideally suited to lead this initiative.
Our bold and ambitious MINES@150 strategic plan builds on the exceptional legacy of our PAST,
the ways we impact the PRESENT and the POSSIBILITIES for our global energy future.
Initiative Member will Benefit From
Since 1874, Mines has been a pioneer at the frontiers of science and engineering, from locating and recovering earth resources, to energy production, to environmental stewardship. Over time, Mines’ expertise expanded to meet the changing needs of industry and society, playing key roles in the growth of the global energy and natural resource industries. We are now positioned to leverage that deep expertise through a data-driven approach to informing the global energy future, in collaboration with academia, industry, government and civil society partners.
– Research and Data: Access to Mines’ applied knowledge and data-driven approach to shape a net-zero energy future
– Education: Invest in teaching the future energy leaders across the energy system at the intersection of science, technology and policy
– Interdisciplinary excellence: Leverage Mines’ broad technical expertise throughout the energy system to create a comprehensive understanding of future energy opportunities and challenges
– Meetings: Come together with the top minds from academia, industry, government and civil society to support global energy decision makers
– Collaborations and partnerships: Join stakeholders throughout the energy system working together to advance the common good
Year-long program benefits will include:
• Invitation to Annual Meeting with energy experts in the mountains of Colorado
• Participation in workshops, lectures and roundtables between relevant stakeholders
• Facilitated pubic engagement though webinars and seminars
• Engagement with world class faculty and students
• Access to cutting edge data, relevant reports, PhD theses
and research highlighting energy trends
• Payne Energy Futures Research Grant: Internal Mines faculty and students in interdisciplinary teams will apply for annual funding through a research grant, culminating in presentations on technical outputs/results with presentations to move forward as part of the initiative programming.
for Global Initiatives
Morgan D. Bazilian
Payne Institute for Public Policy